Kaia is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- "App" refers to any downloadable application (including a mobile application) owned or operated by Kaia. References to the "App" include any and all features, functionality, tools and content available on or through each such application.
- "Content" refers to any and all information, videos, text, photos and other content provided or made available by Kaia on or through the Services, including information, videos, text, photos and other content relating to physical conditions and/or exercise regimens.
- "Kaia" "we," or "us" refer to Kaia Health Software Inc. and our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents. To the extent applicable, they also refer to our affiliates, service providers and licensors, and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents.
- "Services" refers, collectively, to any and all Websites, Apps and Content made available to you by Kaia, including any related services and promotions, and any software and technology used to provide any of the foregoing.
- "Users" means any and all persons that access or use the Services. References to "access" and/or "use" of the Services (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Services, and accessing or using the Content.
- "Website" refers to any website owned or operated by Kaia (including the website currently located at https://www.kaiahealth.com/). References to the "Website" include any and all features, functionality, tools and content available on or through each such website.
COMMUNICATIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH
By signing up for Kaia’s Services, you consent for us to communicate with you about your health, progress, and the Services via email, push notification, mail, text message, or phone call. You have the right to restrict how we contact you by emailing email@example.com.
If you are receiving Kaia’s services through your employer or employer’s health plan, we will not share identifiable information about your health and progress with your employer or employer’s health plan. We may send aggregated or de-identified information to your employer or employer health plan for billing purposes. Additionally, we may send identifiable information to a third party analytics provider to perform analysis on behalf of your employer or health plan.
We may send personally identifiable health information to your provider or non-employer insurance plan if you are receiving Kaia’s services through your healthcare provider, medical therapy provider, or non-employer insurance plan.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect and store information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for the App, create a profile, submit information and updates about your condition, when you update your e-mail preferences, respond to a survey, contact us with questions or comments, or provide other feedback.
We will not ask for or request sensitive information such as government identifiers, or financial information, except in connection with payments. Please do not provide this information to us, including through e-mails, feedback forms or otherwise.
Information Collected While Using Our Services
We also collect and store certain technical information when you access, browse and use our Services. This technical information helps us operate our Services and provide access to you, and includes standard information about visits and system capabilities, such as:
- information about the device(s) you use to access our Services, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, and device identifiers;
- information about your visits to the Services, including the full URL clickstream to, through, and from the Services (including date and time);
- information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Services (including to provide access to third-party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
- pages you view, Content you select to view, length of time viewing content; and
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page.
- We may also collect information using cookies and beacons. (See Cookies and Beacons below.)
Information Collected from Other Sources
On occasion, we may combine or compare data we have collected from you with information collected from other third-party sources and add it to the information you have provided.
Third parties that are unaffiliated with us may also collect information about you, including tracking your browsing history, when you use our Services. We do not have control over these third-party collection practices and advise you to adjust the settings of your browsers or install plug-ins and add-ins if you wish to minimize these third-party collections.
This app includes the functionality of video recording a user‘s exercise sessions. This feature will only be enabled after getting explicit consent from the user immediately before an exercise session by means of a dedicated screen. You can either agree to record your exercise session or record all sessions for 24 hours. If you choose to record your exercise session, the video recording will automatically end with the exercise session and can be stopped at any time by cancelling the exercise session. If you choose to record for 24 hours, any exercise session you begin within the 24 hours will be automatically recorded. If you decide to allow the recording, please ensure that no other persons are visible in the camera frame or those persons also consent to this agreement.
The video recordings will be processed to improve the functionality of the app. In particular, the following processing steps will occur:
- Review of the recordings by individual employees and annotation of exercise state, movement characteristics, body pose, other body features, as well as environmental factors that might have an impact on body detection. Review and annotation is performed by individual employees as well as our HIPAA Business Associates.
- Training of Machine Learning models for automatic detection of exercise state, movement characteristics, body pose, environmental factors, as well as other medical factors by connecting the video records to data collected within the app.
- We will save the video recordings for 3 years, we will not share the data with third parties, and we aim to anonymize the data as soon as possible. The data will be transferred to us in an encrypted way.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use any of the information we collect to:
- allow us to operate our Services, including payment processing, administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- manage your access to our Services;
- send you information that enables you to use our Services;
- contact you directly about activity on your account;
- create reports for our affiliates, licensors, service providers and Users or prospective Users that may include aggregate information about the use of various aspects of the Services;
- comply with laws and regulations;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- notify you about changes to our Services;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Services, including secured areas of the App or Website;
- in any other way that we describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
In some cases, how we treat and use information will depend on the type of information. Some of the information we collect through your use of our Services or communications with us, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or billing information associated with your account may personally identify you. We will treat this information as “Personally Identifiable Information.” We will also treat as Personally Identifiable Information any non-identifiable information that is combined with Personally Identifiable Information.
We may use your information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to:
- respond to your requests, feedback or questions, including by telephone, text (SMS), or email;
- provide you with information about Content, products or services, from us or third parties, that may interest you; and
- send you e-mails about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Services.
We may use non-Personally Identifiable Information to:
- evaluate and improve our Services and present content in the best way for you and for your device(s);
- serve advertisements on or through our Services; and
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and other Users like you, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and other Users like you.
- We may also combine technical information or non-Personally Identifiable Information about your use of our Services with similar information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
We will not sell your Personally Identifiable Information or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the third parties’ own direct marketing purposes without your express consent. Please note that if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement on our Services, however, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria, even though we have not shared your Personally Identifiable Information.
We may share information, including Personally Identifiable Information, with our licensors, service providers and agents to the extent reasonably necessary to operate and provide our Services to you. For example, we use a third-party provider for e-mail and cannot communicate with you by e-mail without disclosing your e-mail address to our third-party e-mail provider. We do not permit these third parties to use any information we share for any purpose other than to support us and our efforts to operate and provide our Services to you.
We may share any information, including Personally Identifiable Information with:
- our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- our service providers and subcontractors to the extent reasonably necessary to enable us to operate and provide our Services to you;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- you, upon your written request; and
- other third parties with your express consent.
We may also disclose your Personally Identifiable Information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of our Services or otherwise enforce our Terms of Service, Supplemental Terms (as defined below), or other agreements;
- to protect our assets or rights, including for billing and collection purposes;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kaia, our Users or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your Personally Identifiable Information, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.
We may share non-Personally Identifiable Information, aggregated, or -de-identified data:
- with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our Services;
- with other Users or prospective Users of the Services;
- to advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant advertisements; and
- with any other party for the purposes described in this Policy.
COOKIES AND BEACONS
Browser Cookies. A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us, and allows recognition of your personal computer. We associate cookies with Personally Identifiable Information only if you use the automatic recognition capabilities on restricted areas of the Services, view content, use the personalization services available as part of the Services, or ask us to contact you with additional marketing information. We do not otherwise collect Personally Identifiable Information from browser cookies and we do not associate browser cookies with your Personally Identifiable Information.
You may use the tools available on your computer or other device to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being set. However, if you refuse or disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or use certain features or functionality of our Services.
You may choose whether to activate automatic recognition when you register for an account. After registration, you may disable the persistent cookie that supports recognition using the tools in your browser. If you choose to disable the cookies that support automatic recognition, you will need to re-enter your User ID and password each time you access a gated portion of the Services.
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects called flash cookies to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services. We also include cookies in our third-party hosted video players to count the number of unique viewers who see a video and to provide aggregate reporting. The cookies do not identify you as an individual or track your online behavior. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from flash cookies and we will not associate them with your Personally Identifiable Information.
Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe's website. If you disable or refuse Flash cookies, please note that some parts of our Services may be inaccessible or may not function properly.
Our Services and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Services. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our e-mails and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Services. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Services do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
Please note that we cannot control how third-party websites or online services you visit through our Services respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
You may opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts by requesting us to remove you from our direct telemarketing list. Please note that opting out from our direct telemarketing contacts does not limit us from contacting you for other purposes, including those contacts that are reasonably necessary to provide you with our Services. If you decide to opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts, allow a reasonable time for us to process your request, and do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problems with your request. We also comply with the FTC’s National Do Not Call Registry at www.donotcall.gov/register/reg.aspx and related rules.
The accuracy of the information we have about you is very important. Users may update their information at any time on the account registration page. Otherwise, to review or correct your Personally Identifiable Information, you may contact us at email@example.com.
SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to Kaia, and we have established reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect Personally Identifiable Information against loss, alteration, unauthorized access, theft, misuse or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, Kaia cannot ensure or warrant the your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the Services and communication with us about them is at your own risk.
You are responsible for protecting your User ID(s) and password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
Our Services is directed to, and is intended for use only by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to register for an account or otherwise submit any personally identifiable information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 18, we will suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By registering for an account or submitting any personally identifiable information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
Kaia Health Software Inc.
134 N. 4th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11249